Thursday, July 29, 2010

joy

Went to the zoo with my 4 year old son today. He's such a cutie patootie! He talks my ear off and I love it!
To have the excitement of a child again would be wonderful, wouldn't it?
I mean, he jumps around excited about everything. When I told him we were going to the zoo he responded with, "yay, I love the zoo!"
On the flip side when he's mad, I know he's mad. That boy can throw a mean fit! He amazes me! :) Still I always know where I stand with him either he loves me and I'm so nice or he hates me and I'm the worst mom but he's not shy about letting me know.
We saw some camels at the zoo today and he said, "mom are them real?" (I love the way he talks, everything is them him or her) I said, "Yes they are." He says, "Wow I never knew that." and then he ran towards them to take a look. We saw two parrots in one cage and he said, "mom are both of them real?" When I told him yes he was so excited to see two "real" parrots. At one point he told me he was thirsty so I sent him over to the little statue of a lion that is a drinking fountain. He started laughing and said, "mom, him's not real. I know that!"
Oh the joy he brings to my life.
I love him and it makes me want to try harder each day to be thankful for the simple things and find joy in my journey!

0 comments: